Web Designing: Ideas to improve your design
Web design consists of the skills and disciplines involved in the production and maintenance of websites. The layout of your website, the colours, fonts and images that you use make a big difference to the success and failure of your website. If you want your visitors to stay on your website longer and buy or click on your products your website should clearly communicate with your audience what you do and why you do it. To ensure that you are going in the right direction, here are some tips.
- To ensure that your website is meeting the needs of your visitors effectively you need to carefully observe your customers journey from the very first time they visit your website to the moment they become your customer. Getting an understanding on the pages your customers are viewing and the content they are reading will help you design and maintain a website that has a good number of visitors.
- Include follow and social share buttons: Make it easy for your visitors to share your content and follow your website by providing buttons on every page of your website. The more the better.
- Apply calls to action: Once the visitors are on your website provide them with some direction. Always ask your visitors what they want to do next. For example, you can tell your visitors to click for more information, download documents, watch videos, etc.
- Use the Right Images: Use images that fit the context but do not use stock photos. Use actual images.
- Navigation: Navigation is the key when designing your website. You should ensure that your visitors can easily find what they are looking for. The ease in finding information is one of the most important elements in web design . If people can’t find what they are looking for in your website they will not stay on your website.
- Allow your Visitors to Scroll: consider adding the elements like videos, overview of your products and services, about us, Testimonials, Case studies, Resources etc to your homepage.
Looking to design a website?
Get in touch with us. We offer you the best website design services in UK